The Global Information Security (GIS) organization secures Pfizer’s most important information assets through world class talent, top security controls and an empowered culture that serves to enable Pfizer’s mission of delivering breakthroughs that change patients’ lives.
The Associate, Cyber Intelligence Analyst is responsible for researching, analyzing, and tracking various cyber threats with a focus on motives supporting espionage and financially motivated cybercrime. The individual will derive, analyze, and deliver cyber threat intelligence that will help inform stakeholder decision making to reduce risk to Pfizer. The individual will maintain familiarity with ongoing cyber threat activity and geopolitical issues that may impact the cyber threat landscape. The individual will be highly motivated to continually grow and expand their existing technical and intelligence analysis skillset to adapt to the ever-changing threat landscape.
The position is an entry level role. Ideal candidates will have the basic qualifications shown below however candidates possessing a strong subset of skills with the motivation for continued skillset development will be considered. The individual that will engage with cross functional internal colleagues and external partners and reports to the Director, Cyber Threat Intelligence within the Pfizer Digital Global Information Security organization.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the cyber threat landscape from open source and privately produced intelligence reports to include advanced threat actors, techniques, capabilities and targets relevant to industry.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current geopolitical events that may impact the cyber threat landscape.
- Perform collection and analysis of threat data and intelligence to support stakeholder priority intelligence requirements (PIRs).
- Perform technical indicator analysis of cyber threats through in-depth pivoting using internally developed and external tools and services.
- Conduct in-depth intrusion analysis of cyber threats utilizing frameworks such as the Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model and MITRE ATT&CK.
- Develop strategic, tactical, and operational intelligence products for stakeholder dissemination.
- Participate in team projects centered around the cyber threat intelligence mission.
- Present knowledge and intelligence related to cyber threats at both a technical and management level to help shape both tactical and strategic priorities.
- Generate tactical detections and mitigations to support the identification of cyber threats.
- Provide intelligence support during incident response engagements.
- Interface with external sharing communities through the sharing of timely and relevant cyber threats.
- 0 – 2 years’ Cyber Threat Intelligence experience in a corporate environment
- Entry level experience with techniques of Computer Network Exploitation and Defense (CNE / CND).
- Familiarity with frameworks such as the Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model and MITRE ATT&CK.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols (HTTP, DNS, etc), traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth, and common security elements.
- Familiarity with IOC pivoting techniques across different platforms and datasets.
- Entry level experience in information analysis and the intelligence analysis cycle.
- Experience performing malware analysis to identify functionality of adversary tools and capabilities.
- Entry level experience using structured analytic techniques and identifying biases.
- Entry level experience performing data analysis using Splunk and the creation of advanced queries, alerts, and reports
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in various cyber security disciplines.
- B.A. in Political Science, International Relations/Studies or BS in Information Security, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Engineering, Sciences, or related field.
- Experience researching, analyzing and reporting on geopolitical interests of various nation states.
- Experience developing and curating intelligence related to the cyber threat landscape such as threat actors, malware, vulnerabilities and tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience in developing Yara rules to aid in the proactive identification of adversary capabilities using various open and closed source platforms.
- Experience performing automated malware analysis to identify functionality of adversary tools and capabilities.
- Experience using structured analytic techniques and identifying biases.
- Experience performing data analysis using Splunk
- Understands attack signatures, tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with advanced threats and the ability to develop relevant alerting and countermeasures.
Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives … At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.