At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Market leading growth in our Consulting Service Delivery team has created opportunities for new people to join the team, working in our Newcastle Service Delivery Centre. Cyber security issues are a key concern in the business world currently, with technical advances arising every day. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in helping financial service clients to improve their cyber security operations and give them the assurance they need to operate their business successfully and safely.
The Consulting Service Delivery team is one of EY’s fastest growth areas and we are based in a modern office in Newcastle city centre. We have an excellent opportunity for an associate to join our team within our Cyber European Growth Platform, based out of our Newcastle office. In this role you will gain hands on experience of client work, engaging with projects related to Cyber security related topics. You will also have the opportunity to take industry recognised qualifications.
Continuing expansion means we are looking for people who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy working as part of different teams.
Your key responsibilities
We want you to work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility and providing support where required. You will need to regularly update senior team members on your progress. You will develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, while building strong relationships internally within Consulting Service Delivery and other teams in EY. You will need to understand and maintain client confidentiality and ensure their data security at all times. We are committed to your professional development so you will have access to a wide variety of learning tools and training programmes and areas of development will be mapped out with your counsellor. Outside of your day to day role you will be expected to contribute to people initiatives like training and buddying new team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Creativity and good problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to work as part of a team but also on your own when required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm to face new challenges and learn new skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Willing to work towards a related professional qualification
- Eligible to work in the UK
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of, or, an interest in Technology and Cyber Security
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious, driven individuals who want an inspiring and stimulating career. There will be an opportunity to work on a variety of projects within Cyber Security and Technology Risk.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.