We are currently looking for Networks and Cyber Support Technician to join our Customer Services team in Siemens Mobility.
Siemens Network Support technicians provide both on and offsite support for the network and associated infrastructure of our customer’s signalling and telecommunications installations. You will be supporting, diagnosing, and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
In your role as technical support, you’ll also provide expert knowledge to other engineers as part of solution development and proposal generation and will be required to participate and review cyber security requirements of installed assets and provide guidance on corrective actions needed. Our customers increasingly rely on the critical Networks in all areas of their railway operations and decision-making processes. It’s therefore crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the systems.
This is your role
You’ll be responsible for the provision of support functions to Siemens customers, providing fault rectification, cyber security guidance, and smooth running of customer systems and ensuring that users get maximum uptime from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the requirements of the various customers and contracts, but you’ll need to:
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems, and applications
- Remotely support end users to monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help investigate failures and resolve issues
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Retrieve and Record network configuration as part of hardware replacements, and work with Siemens networks team to develop new configuration for hardware or installation changes
- provide support, including producing procedural documentation and relevant reports
- follow diagrams and written instructions to carry out various routine operations
- Work with our account managers and engineers to prioritise and manage open cases
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as project delivery and Siemen’s network engineers
- Assist in the testing and evaluation of new technologies in response to new customer requirements
Qualifications and experience requirements
The ideal applicant would have the following knowledge (or similar)
- Knowledge or understanding Network +, Security +, CCNA or similar is preferred
- Previous experience in an IT/Networks support environment (essential)
- Understanding of Network Architecture, IP Networks, Firewalls and Security mechanisms (essential)
- Understanding of Cyber Security and its impact on critical systems (preferred)
- Ability to think logically, with attention to detail
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time