Offered Salary 1000
Experience 3 Years
Cyber Exposure Analyst
London based with home working
Degree / Masters as a min – 0-2 years experience is the ballpark
The role sits within the Group Cyber Exposure Management Team. The role of the team is to measure, monitor and communicate the risk the business assumes from underwriting all lines of business due to Cyber Catastrophes. To do this we: design, build, calibrate, deploy and run scenarios that help us measure this risk.
We’re a small team driving big decisions. This is a relatively new function (not just to Hiscox, but arguably the Industry) therefore we’re improvising, dealing with ambiguity and driving results and change.
To be suitable for this post, you should have a 2.1 or higher Degree, have a real passion for Cyber Security, be dynamic, highly numerate and comfortable with ambiguity. You will be completing and driving all our reporting requirements within the team. This includes running our models, understanding changes in exposure, communicating changes to internal stakeholders and completing Cyber regulatory returns.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for running probabilistic models and scenarios to quantify the Cyber risk we have underwritten across multiple businesses and portfolios. This will involve:
- Collecting exposure data to populate and run both our internally built models and third party models.
- Explaining changes in exposure and model results to key stakeholders; giving them the insight to ensure they make sound business decisions.
- Working with a wide variety of teams (Finance, Operations and Cyber Underwriting) to set reporting timelines, explain changes in models and to drive our Cyber data minimum standards.
- Interacting with regulators and compliance to ensure we complete external regulatory returns to the right standard.
- Documenting our processes and ensuring we adhere to minimum standards and practices.
- Helping to support the development of our Cyber view of risk.
Our must haves
Cyber Exposure Management is a fairly new discipline in the market, and so we’re not expecting prior experience of Cyber Exposure Management for this role. If you’re interested in Cyber and (ideally) have some prior Exposure Management or Catastrophe Modelling experience then we’d love to hear from you!
Skills you must have:
- Ideally have experience or understanding of Exposure Management/Catastrophe Modelling.
- Genuine interest in Cyber Security.
- 2.1 Degree or above in related field.
- Mentally agile – our models and understanding can change quite quickly so you need to be comfortable with change and uncertainty.
- The ability to extract insight out of data – but also through discussions with experts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with R or Python.
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to a wider audience.
Our nice to haves
- Experience of Lloyd’s & regulatory reporting.
- Experience with third party Cyber models.
- Experience with SQL.
Diversity and Working Patterns
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we’re committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We have also learned over the past 15 months that working life doesn’t always have to be in the office, and when it’s safe to do so, we will be introducing hybrid ways of working to encourage a healthy work life balance.
We anticipate the successful candidate for this role will be in the office up to 3 days a week.
We see it as the best of both worlds: structure and sociability on one hand, and independence and flexibility on the other.