Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Location: Farnborough – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £30-35k depending on skills & experience
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be reviewing all information security incidents occurring across the business, determining BAE Systems’ external reporting requirement
- You’ll provide expert advice to relevant security managers in order to security incident investigation facilitate decision making
- You will co-ordinate timely incident reporting to external reporting authorities
- You will maintain the working relationship with reporting bodies, reflecting BAE Systems’ position as a leading defence contractor
- You will conduct central analysis and monitoring of Incidents reported across the business include creating key statistics and identifying trends.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience working within a large complex environment
- Existing experience of cyber security tools or technologies
- Understanding of cyber security incidents
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape
- Experience working in a fast paced, multi-stakeholder environment
- High degree of competence in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and capability to develop proficiency in additional tooling
N.B. Candidates should hold a Bachelors Degree or equivalent qualification, with a minimum 2:1 grade. Whilst degrees in cyber security, computer science or similar may provide some relevant experience, we encourage any suitably motivated and passionate candidate to apply – regardless of their degree type.
BAE Systems will support (and provide funding for) training and relevant qualifications for any candidate taking this role. Specific qualifications may vary by candidate, but may include CompTIA Security+ or similar within the first year, progressing towards CISP, CRISC or similar qualifications as experience is gained.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The CISO team:
This role reports to the Head of Threat and Incident Response within the CISO’s team at BAE Systems. The team provides the central co-ordination and reporting point for cyber security across BAE Systems PLC’s global business, with members of the team working across GRC, Training and Awareness, Security Architecture, Threat Intelligence and Incident Response. This role will take a lead on active incident management on behalf of the team – and will work with team members in their various specialisms to responds to incidents appropriately and to leverage their expertise to remediate issues identified.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation