£55,000.00 – £60,000.00
IT & Technology
5 days per week
Age UK’s have a new and exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst in their Digital & Technology team.
As part of the Information Security team, you will be central to helping Age UK ‘protect what matters’, working with our internal and third-party service provider colleagues designing and implementing security good practices, continuously improving our security posture and resilience against the latest cyber threats.
The successful post holder will work closely with internal colleagues and third-party service providers to ensure the application of ‘security and privacy by design’, the configuration and deployment of new security features and development of secure business solutions.
Helping to ensure our security controls and processes, including protective monitoring, incident response, and vulnerability management are maintained and continuously improved, in line with new developments, risk assessments and the current threat landscape.
This role demands someone with solid knowledge and proven experience of hybrid cloud infrastructure, implementing secure architecture principles, security operations, working knowledge of cyber essentials and demonstrable security analytical ability.
You should have:
- CCSP or SSCP holder
- Microsoft certified administrator or security engineer
- Solid background in IT / Information Security
- In-depth knowledge and experience managing security in Cloud / Hybrid environments including vulnerability management, protective monitoring, incident management and threat intelligence
- Working knowledge and understanding of the concepts of security compliance, assurance, risk, business continuity and disaster recovery, data protection and the main security standards (ISO2700x, CIS, NIST, CyberEssentials etc)
- Working knowledge and understanding of secure networking architectures
- Experience delivering cyber security transformation for a large organisation leading to demonstrable improvements
- Experience working with and managing third party service providers to achieve goals, including monitoring and reporting on security performance targets and trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Ability to work well independently and as part of the team
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
- Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
- Techscheme – buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
- Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
- You Did It Awards – recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.