The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations. We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data and analysis, to the growing audience of internationally minded business people.
We think the Financial Times is a great place to work: we have a multi-faceted team with a remit across the organisation in several locations around the world. A team interested in breaking, building and evangelising, we are supported by strong developers as we take a data-driven approach in mitigating risk. As IT Risk and Cyber Security, we strive to make the Financial Times resilient against security threats, ensuring that we write the news, but don’t become the news.
The FT is looking for a Risk Analyst to join us in helping to protect the FT’s infrastructure, data and people from all forms of cyber attacks.
As part of the cyber security team these will be some of your daily work:
- Working with internal teams across the FT to improve the security posture of their apps and process.
- Provide bespoke security training for FT’s Editorial division. Helping protect the next big story.
- Protect the business by investigating security incidents.
- Using the data from various security telemetry tools to define future policies for the business.
- Pen testing/Threat modelling to ensure we adopt a secure by default position.
- A knowledge of information security, with ideally an area of expertise. Interest in continually learning more.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels – spoken, written and presentation.
- Able to articulate security and risk to both technical and non-technical members of staff and stakeholders through their preferred medium, such as reports, visualisations or quantitative methods.
- Experience working in customer focused environments and aggregating and manipulating related user data.
- Prior experience of working using admin tools Windows/Mac/Linux
- Prior experience of Security/log monitoring tools
- Running phishing tests and staff training
- Experience of working along a multi-disciplined group of engineers in an agile delivery team.
- Experience in using scripting languages.
- Experience of network, web application and infrastructure pen-testing and fluency in using relevant tools.