Offered Salary 1000
Experience 3 Years
What’s the role about?
The John Lewis Partnership’s Cyber Security strategy is bold and ambitious. We provide a collection of security services, delivered through people, processes and technology. Working collaboratively, these services ensure that customers can shop with us efficiently, safely and securely, every single day.
As the Cyber Security Analyst, you will be responsible for the day-to-day response to cyber security incidents – mitigating and defending against malicious cyber activity and adapting to an ever-changing threat landscape. It’s a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on with market leading next-generation cyber security tools, where you’ll be empowered to innovate within a supportive, collaborative and social team environment and agile culture.
If you’re passionate about cyber security, if you thrive and perform in fast-paced, high-demand scenarios, and if you want to make a real difference at the UK’s largest co-owned retailer, then this role is for you
What you’ll be doing:
As the Partnership’s Cyber Security Analyst for our Incident Response Service you will be highly technical and a subject matter expert, providing expertise for all types of cyber security incidents and will be investigating complex incidents that have been escalated to you. You will assist with the development of use cases, playbooks, policies and custom tooling to improve our security maturity, recommend improvements or new features where the service is deemed to be lacking and help to define ways of working or process amendments that allow the team to meet the objectives of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Please note that as part of this role there will be a requirement to join an on call rota, supporting the business as and when needed outside of normal business hours.
Why do our Information Security Analysts love working for us
“We have a friendly team culture where everyone is keen to develop their skills and support those around them. I’ve been given great opportunities to further my career. The work we do is challenging and varied, and it’s really satisfying to be part of a team that’s integral to protecting our customers and Partners.” – Laurence Jeffcoate – John Lewis Partnership – Cyber Security Analyst
What you’ll have:
- Demonstrable experience performing an operational role in a SOC environment or similar, with a focus on cyber security incident detection, response and resolution.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and to succeed in ambiguity.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills, especially in performing tasks such as log analysis.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends, internal and external risks and a familiarity with tools such as Kali Linux, Burp Suite and Nmap.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable experience of communicating with both internal and external stakeholders / service providers, along with the ability to write or present actionable intelligence derived from raw data.
What else you could bring:
- Expertise across a number of the following tools: Google Scripts, ServiceNow, JIRA and Splunk.
- Knowledge of reverse engineering processes, digital forensics, or working with law enforcement.
- Experience in the use of security frameworks such as Mitre ATT&CK / Shield, NIST and the ISF’s Standard of good practice.
- Formal accreditation in Information Security such as a related degree, ISC2 CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Pentest+ or similar.
- Experience in creating BAU runbooks, use-case definitions and operating procedures.
*Please view attached job description for further details and be sure to save both advertisement and job description for future reference.*
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
The application form consists of a CV upload, an online test followed by application questions. Please ensure you refresh the page each time you complete a task to ensure you complete everything that you need to in time.
We have a number of different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
– “We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the John Lewis Partnership. Our aim is to become the UK’s most inclusive business – for our Partners and for our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we serve. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. To find out more about Diversity & Inclusion in the John Lewis Partnership click here. https://www.jlpjobs.com/about/
For Internal Use Only: