Company – Close Brothers
Full Address – 10 Crown Pl, London EC2A 4FT
Weekly Hours Worked – 35 Hours Mon/Fri
Salary – £22,000 per annum
Please contact Steph on [email protected] or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Close Brothers is a leading merchant banking group established in 1878, providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services, and securities trading. We employ 3000 people, principally in the UK, and are one of the largest 250 companies listed on the London Stock Exchange. Our activities are straightforward. We remain focused on markets and services we know and understand, developing leading positions and unrivalled expertise. Our approach is prudent and considered enabling us to grow sustainably, through all market conditions, building confidence among our depositors and investors. Our businesses have remained local as we continue to provide bespoke services and developing long-term relationships ensuring our success in the future.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Security Apprentice with Close Brothers, a banking group based in central London.
The Trainee Identity and Access Management Analyst is a member of the Bank’s IT Risk and Governance team, specifically in the Identity and Access Management team. The trainee will be responsible for helping manage the Banks Cyber risks through execution of Joiners, Movers, Leavers and Access Recertification processes.
Key stakeholders include colleagues and business units attempting to ensure they are able to service our customers, the broader IT Risk and Governance team through Key Risk Indicator and control execution, External and Internal Audit teams and second line risk management teams.
The role holder will primarily be focussed and engaged on activities related to management and reporting on access related processes and issues and supporting and further developing our control processes for manage access risks. Additionally, exposure will be provided to IT Risk and control governance processes include policy development and control assessment.
The role holder will be able to adapt their output to the ever-changing priorities of the business landscape, executing and refining, solutions that address both current and emerging access requirements of the organization.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Execute and co-ordinate joiners movers, leavers and access recertification related activities in line with desired state standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to the measurement of control execution and reporting.
- Refine, where applicable, our internal process to ensure our access management risk position remains optimal.
- Support the development of Key Risk and Performance Indicators
- Support the strategic implementation of new functionality to automate key processes within IAM.
- Work with internal and business stakeholders to build transparency over IAM processes including training and reporting.
- Work on internal security projects with the opportunity to become an SME in certain key technical tools used within the team.
- Stay informed of key regulatory and industry developments and actively participate in the internal controls improvement initiatives.
Risk & Compliance
- Support the wider team in ensuring that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Strong interest and understanding of Information Technology and Information Security.
- Strong interest and understanding of basic Access Management related issues including access risks and threats, and standards of good practice.
- Good office and PowerPoint, skills and a willingness to learn.
- Able to operate to a high standard in a dynamic work environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Any familiarity with security tools
- Recertification and provisioning tools such as SailPoint and Quest
- Facilitation tools such as Jive and Confluence
- Privileged access management solutions such as CyberArk
- Knowledgeable about the legal and regulatory requirements for information security and resilience.
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Working with people
- Process Management
- Customer Orientated
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services and processes.
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business.
- Identify, analyse and develop security cases to defend against potential threats.
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security.
- Understand latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them.