CTC Data Assurance – Data Retention & Destruction Director: Tools and Metrics
Description of RoleResponsible for ensuring LOB/CF execution related to all aspects of the Firmwide Data Retention and Destruction Governance (DRDG) with a specific focus on the Tools and Metrics related to Retention and Destruction. Must support effective LOB/CF input processes for technical solutions and Data Retention and Destruction Management planning.
DRDG focuses on design and oversight to ensure each LOB/CF remains on track to succeed with adherence to the Retention and Destruction Polices and Standards. This oversight includes:
- Well thought out project plans
- Strong stakeholder participation and engagement
- Periodic input from Compliance to ensure Policy alignment and compliance
- Metrics to demonstrate progress
- Regular assessments of risks and issues
- Critically evaluate proposed solutions
- Utilize risk-based approaches in developing the rollout schedule
- Define and develop the overall Technology approach to Retention and Destruction across all data stores and related tools
- Drive defining project requirements and deliverables for Retention and Destruction Tools and Metrics by identifying, driving and participating in project milestones and phases, as well as specific action items.
- Determine recommendations and strategy respective to related initiatives, including translating analysis and results into business Data Retention and Destruction Management Strategy.
- Coordinate the execution activities of the Data Retention and Destruction Program across Tools and Metrics development
- Communicate with senior management regarding project progress and recommendations/decisions. Develop effective presentations and project update materials suitable for senior executives.
- Actively participate and collaborate in workstream meetings and ad hoc working sessions including driving agendas, preparing meeting minutes and keeping track of agreed actions.
- Monitor the details and status of project and escalate and resolve any project issues in an efficient manner.
- Proven track record of strong project management delivery; Data Risk Management experience preferred
- Experience of defining an overall Tools Strategy and implementation framework
- Experience of developing Metrics to measure program progress, compliance with requirements, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate complex ideas, concepts, and solutions at the senior management level.
- Proven influencer with the ability to think on their feet and be able to apply critical thinking and logical/structured framework to shape program’s approach.
- Excellent strategic and interpersonal skills, comfort with working and partnering with people at all levels and across all functional areas (Legal, Compliance, Controls, Technology and Operations).
- Ability to manage complexity and multiple workstreams while delivering solutions within a tight deadline.
- Strong personnel and organizational management skills,
- Excellent business judgment, particularly the ability to proactively monitor the program to identify and address issues early.
- Excellent in project management disciplines and an ability to instil structure, process, accountability, and delivery.
- Proficient with project management tools and PC Skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans