We are looking for someone passionate about cyber protection and security. Leading a small but vital team, and reporting to the Head of Technical Architecture, the Cyber Security Manager will need to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of Cyber Security, leadership and team management and excellent communications skills for audiences of varying technical levels. This is a newly reshaped role which means we are looking for someone keen to lead the definition and improvement of our existing Cyber security policies and practices at the university.
As well as extensive technical competencies we need someone who understands the human component of cyber security. Working with our Digital Skills team we will be looking to deploy cyber education and training. This role will be responsible for helping to identify, assess existing resources and draft materials as the threats and defenses evolve.
You will need to be able to demonstrate prior experience of:
- Configuring, working with, and reporting from:
- SIEM / SOAR solution(s)
- Vulnerability scanning and mitigation system(s)
- Understanding of servers, storage and networking and the impact of cyber security best practice on these
- Knowledge and understanding of firewall and network security configuration
- Working with both internal and external parties to achieve and maintain the best cyber security standpoint for the university.
- Understanding the issues brought by the non-technical users of the environments
The University particularly welcomes applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds for this post as they are under-represented in jobs at this level. Please be assured that all applicants will be treated equally during the selection process.
One of our core values is ‘individuals matter’. As an employee at the University of Winchester, we are committed to your wellbeing and development. You will have access to a wide range of benefits and support including complimentary access to a comprehensive staff development programme, generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme. Further details can be found on our website.
Closing Date: 14 February 2022
Interview Date: TBC
We delight in diversity in our workforce and seek others that share this value