Offered Salary 1000
Experience 3 Years
EQUANS are recruiting for a Cyber Security Officer to be based in Newcastle. This is a permanent full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
The Cyber Security Officer (CSO) is responsible for the day to day security of the North Tyneside IT infrastructure. The CSO will ensure that necessary hardware and software infrastructure is maintained to the standards of the day.
What will you deliver?
- Design, implement and support network security architecture including firewalls, web filtering, web application firewall, email security, two-factor authentication, and VPN technology for the Equans Infrastructure provided to North Tyneside Council (NTC)
- Design, implement and support relevant IPS/ IDS toolsets and policies to protect the NTC infrastructure and data
- The preparation and presentation of security architecture design reports and technical implementation plans.
- Remote and onsite security audits/health checks, including preparation and presentation of reports.
- Advise and assist NTC in gaining and maintaining accreditation for relevant compliance frameworks, including but not limited to, PSN Code of Connection, PCI-DSS, ISO27001, and Cyber Essentials. This may involve advising the customer as the compliance requirements change and/or providing recommendations and follow-up actions following an official audit or health check.
- Assistance, as directed, in the maintenance of the NTC network infrastructure owned or managed by EQUANS. This includes passive elements such as cabling and active elements such as switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, car or car allowance, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
Gym membership discounts
Cycle to work scheme
A broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant professional-level qualifications in the field of network security.
- Relevant professional-level qualifications in the field of networking (Cisco CCNA/CCNP)
- Detailed working knowledge of network security architecture and general TCP/IP networking and L2/L3 protocols
- Experience of designing and implementing network security equipment installations and upgrades, fault finding & troubleshooting
- Knowledge of cloud technology and associated security principles
- Knowledge of 365
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge of Enterprise Firewalls and working knowledge of, Web Filtering, Email Security, Two Factor Authentication, Site2Site VPN,
- Knowledge of relevant security compliance frameworks, such as PSN Code of Connection, PCI-DSS, ISO27001, and Cyber Essentials
- Ability to advise, guide and communicate technical issues to non technical staff.
Who are we?
EQUANS is a market leader in the sector with 74,000 employees leveraging 200 years of expertise. With revenues of €12 billion, EQUANS is present in 17 countries – mostly across Europe, but also with significant interests in North America, Latin America and Australia.
In the UK, & Ireland, all of ENGIE’s activity in technical services & facilities management, energy efficiency and regeneration are now part of EQUANS. The new entity also includes specialist energy related capabilities: smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
EQUANS is an autonomous business within ENGIE Group – with its own dedicated management team and operating structure to help further accelerate growth and service performance.
EQUANS supports its customers by mobilising its expertise to provide low-carbon energy solutions, offer cutting-edge technical and FM services and transformative regeneration in the UK & Ireland. From homes to cities, hospitals to the heart of government, offices to industry.
EQUANS empowers transitions both for today and tomorrow.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about EQUANS, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. EQUANS do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.
Finance / Tax / Insurance
Europe-England-Tyne and Wear-Newcastle upon Tyne
Nature of Responsibility
Operational / Administrative role
Feb 7, 2022, 8:05:25 PM