The Cyber Security Officer is accountable for ensuring that the organisation’s measures to counter ongoing cyber threats are optimal and that the strategy is well executed.
The job has three primary elements:
- Monitoring and managing the security risk profile of corporate and property technology and systems.
- Develop and implement best practice advice, guidance and policies for our staff and company to stay secure.
- Ensure awareness and compliance of security standards (PCI, DPA/GDPR)
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the business to attains the organisation’s information security goals.
- Develop and maintain Information Security policies as required.
- Organise and contribute to IT security risk assessments.
- Maintain information security risk registers and remedial action plans.
- Work with technical teams on system upgrades and implementations to ensure best information security practice adherence.
- Create and maintain information security awareness campaigns and materials to improve cyber-education effectiveness.
- Along with the IS Service Manager, help to develop an on-going strategy, vision and plan for continuous improvement to meet the department and corporate customer service values.
- Keep up-to-date with industry standards and emerging information security threats, reacting to and prioritising work as relevant.
- Develop productive relationships with key business and IS stakeholders to understand and influence how information security practices can evolve to meet the needs of the business:
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the information security needs of the organisation.
This is a 6 months FTC.