Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
The Cybersecurity Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting a Program Management team with the management of multiple technical projects and collaborating with a team of Security Analysts, Security Architects, Managers, and internal teams responsible for product and information systems security, strategy, and execution. This role is a key contributor to the execution of the broader security team at Sophos. Working closely with multiple cross-departmental teams will develop, review, implement and maintain the organization’s security projects. Will report directly to a Principal Program Manager and assist with overall Program Management as needed as well.
This a great opportunity to help secure a world-leading security company. As you’d expect you’ll be joining an organization that takes its own security seriously. You will get the opportunity to work with world-leading experts from across the company in a fast-paced & exciting environment where security is a priority.
What You Will Do
- Prepare reports and other documentation related to the project as required
- Organize meetings, minutes, and track action items
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Gain commitment and track progress of other project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with designated Project/Program Managers
- Articulate complex technical security issues into business focused terms and communicate with senior stakeholders across the business as required
- Occasionally work with customer and partners to understand their requirements
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Timely and accurate reporting of status from the project teams, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
What You Will Bring
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Able to translate technical jargon to business leaders to align with business goals
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate across and up the organization including internal communication to gain buy-in on security strategy
- Ability to make decisions and learn quickly from mistakes
- Experience with Project Management tools and methodology in an Agile environment
- Fun, passion, and excitement
- Some Information Security experience is a bonus but most importantly a willingness to learn and make impact along the way
What’s Great About Sophos?
- Our people are what makes Sophos special – we demonstrate shared vision, talent, innovation, and creativity, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit.
- Employee-led diversity and inclusion groups that build community within Sophos and provide internal education and advocacy (eg. Sophos Women in Tech group to improve gender parity, encourage gender-balanced leadership, and support career progression at Sophos)
- Sophos Environment Network and employee challenges to contribute to sustainability and reduce our environmental footprint
- Annual commitment to charity and fundraising across our global sites and volunteer days for employees to give back to local communities
- Global trivia competitions to keep our minds sharp
- Global Mental Health days off work for all Sophos to help employees relax and recharge
- Monthly employee wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
- Employee rewards and thanks, such as our free annual subscription to Calm
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.