This post can be based at Main Building, London, RAF Wyton or MOD Corsham.
Who we are:
Are you ready to work in one of the most interesting cyber security environments and share your experience to support national security?
Cyber security plays an integral role in protecting the UK against external and internal threats, acting as a deterrence to ensure that our Armed Forces have the strong cyber defences they need.
Cyber Defence and Risk (CyDR) is at the forefront of Cyber Security and Information Technology within Defence and is responsible for enabling Defence through the provision of specialist assurance and cyber security services across UK Defence including industry partners, other Government Departments and our international allies. Services provided by CyDR include:
- Advice and guidance on cyber security policy
- National and MOD defensive cyber strategy development
- Managing and driving mitigation of Departmental cyber risk
- Security assurance and accreditation support and advice
- Security incident reporting
CyDR sits within the Defence Digital team who provide digital and technology services to our Armed Forces. Defence Digital operates at scale, with an annual budget in excess of £2Bn and a diverse team of 2,500 colleagues, it aims to make our Armed Forces some of the most technologically advanced in the world.
With a fantastic growing team of military and civilian staff operating across the UK it is a great time to be a cyber security professional in the Ministry of Defence.
If you can see yourself contributing to the world of CyDR the next chapter of your career may be with us!
The cyber security of the Defence supply chain has a direct impact on MOD’s own security and capability. MOD therefore seeks to encourage higher standards of cyber security (proportionate to risk) through its supply chain at all levels and to monitor these standards.
This role will play a key part in improving and maintaining cyber security standards by developing and driving quality supply chain security analytics.
The Cyber Security Supply Chain Audit Analyst is responsible for:
- Identifying and delivering plans for audit and monitoring of cyber security in the supply chain.
- Following up findings and managing relationships with suppliers and internal Defence stakeholders.
- Analysing audit and monitoring data to identify trends and inform future activity within Defence including policy and awareness.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the delivery of processes to identify and mitigate supplier cyber risk.
- Maintain and deliver plans for audit and monitoring of cyber security in the supply chain.
- Work with other teams (within CyDR and across Defence) to identify and prioritise candidates for audit and to inform those teams’ activities.
- Analyse audit findings to identify trends and produce clearly understandable reports with supporting narrative, to inform future activity within Defence, including potential changes to process and controls.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of the intended outcomes of the supplier cyber risk policy and what successful delivery looks like.
- Manage relationships and work with partners across MOD, Government and industry to ensure coherence with wider industry policy and security activities and deliver satisfactory and acceptable outcomes.
- Support the development of mechanisms to drive continuous improvement and encourage the sharing of best practice.
- Assess quantitative and qualitative data to support evidence-based interventions, evaluating and presenting evidence within the appropriate tooling.
If you have the following knowledge, skills and experience, we would love to hear from you!
CIISec Framework: A6 – Legal & Regulatory Environment & Compliance
CIISec Framework: A7 – Third Party Management
CIISEC Framework D1 – Internal and Statutory Audit
Dependent on the ‘tasking’ and business need, there may be a requirement to travel to meetings within the UK (or potentially occasional overseas visits). This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
This position is advertised at 37 hours per week.
Location: The post can be based at Main Building, London, RAF Wyton or MOD Corsham.
Work location will be agreed once the successful candidate has been selected.
This job role may be suitable for hybrid working, which is where an employee works part of the week in their Defence Digital office and part of the week from home. This is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement and your office will be your contractual place of work. The number of days that anyone will be able to work at home will be determined primarily by business need but personal circumstances and other relevant circumstances will also be taken into account. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working, including whether a hybrid working arrangement is suitable for you, will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.
Please note that this position is Reserved and open to Sole UK Nationals only.
Why we’re great to work with:
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
- Family Friendly – Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave.
- A wide range of discounts – Defence Discount Service, Civil Service societies for Sports and Leisure, Healthcare, Insurance, Motoring, company discounts with Virgin, Vodafone, and Microsoft Office.
- 5 days per year Learning & Development
- In year rewards and ‘thank you’ schemes.
- Flexible working.
- Generous leave allocations.
Equality and Diversity
Our people are at the heart of everything we do at Defence Digital. It’s vital that our workforce reflects the diversity of both our audience and the wider society in the UK, so we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities. We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£41,500.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Store discounts
- Work from home