Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Americas Global Account Systems Engineer is a customer-focused technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers. He/she collaborates with the Account Manager to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
What you’ll do
This Account SE provides a key focus on Security & Cyber architectural perspective across the Cisco Security product portfolio and can leverage his / her technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of an overall Security account plan
- Participate in the creation of a Cyber Defence & Security technical account plan
•Proactively generate Security leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education Qualify Opportunities •Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as TSA, SE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution ROI
- Coordinate solution development, including leveraging replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop or oversee development of presentation materials
•Present technical components of Cisco solutions to customer Competencies & Behaviors Business Acumen •Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one’s customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Build relationships both within and outside of Cisco; establish credibility quickly through personal self-confidence
Who You’ll Work With
This opportunity will focus on Cisco Security portfolio solutions but still needs an awareness across the breadth of Cisco technology solutions relevant to the Global Enterprise business sector.
Systems Engineers and System Architects within Cisco are the trusted technical authority that interact and evangelize Cisco solutions to customers, working closely with the sales teams.
You’ll get to work across our exciting portfolio of technologies including routing/switching, orchestration, hybrid cloud, collaboration, IoT, software defined/programmability and especially Security & Zero-Trust Architectures.
Who You Are
- You bring 5+ years pre-sales engineering or technical customer facing experience.
- You can demonstrate good understanding of some or all of the following technologies ; StealthWatch, NG-FW, IPS, Zero-trust , ISE, Secure-X, Cisco DNAC, SDA, SD-WAN, Nexus 9k & ACI, Webex Teams, UCS/HX
- You have a good understanding of technologies such as campus networking, core routing, automation, hybrid cloud, collaboration & network analytic tools
- You are adept at using initiative, discretion and judgment to apply technical solutions to complex sales opportunities.
- You have good understanding of the Enterprise Security market space and current offerings.
- Have the ability to work independently and remotely as well as supporting your team to accomplish objectives.
- You have thorough knowledge of technical sales cycle and ideally had exposure & experience of SFDC
- You preferably hold at least one of the following CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, DevNet or CISSP certifications.
- You are confident in customer presentation and discussion
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Most of all, you are a team player with a passion of technology and the impact it can make on our customers businesses, someone who helps others, likes to get involved, and have fun!
We Are Cisco
- #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
- So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!