Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 90% of global trade carried by sea, there is a fairly high chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading.
You will be a member of the world’s largest logistics company’s Security Operations Centre 24/7 service. You will be providing Maersk with round the clock security monitoring, using an impressive suite of security tools. You will be responsible for carrying out L2 triage on alerts and will be a key member of the incident response team. Acting as the first point of call for all cyber security related issues for Maersk and its subsidiaries, you will be giving security advice to the wider IT community within the business
Working with internal and external stakeholders you will be responsible for:
- Protective Monitoring
- Investigative Analysis
- Threat Hunting
- Incident Response
- Continuous Improvement
As the first point of call for Cyber related issues you will be a collaborator and communicator and need:
- Significant experience of incident response
- Experience operating within a large-scale enterprise network
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Sound critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge and thorough understanding of Protective Monitoring, Vulnerability Monitoring, Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of security technologies and processes
- Up-to-date knowledge of current exploit techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques, combined with the understanding of the potential impact on the security posture
Key Responsibilities: (including but not limited to..)
- Technical understanding and hands on approach with a wide range of Cyber Security related toolsets
- Carrying out key incident management activities, including creating effective incident timelines and assisting with response activities.
- Creating hypothesis for threat hunts and using the tooling to carry out those hunts
- Working within a team environment in the development, planning and coordination of new and existing aspects of the Incident Response Team, such as creating Incident Response Playbooks.
- Assist in the development of security tools including new playbooks for the SOAR tool.
- Generating requirements for the fine tuning of SIEM rules.
- Have direct input into the Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) process.
- In coordination with the Cyber Security team and other structures, be able to respond to the CSIRT and associated emergency preparedness procedures.
Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a SOC Analyst you will be part of Maersk’s wider Global Cyber Defence Centre. You will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams