London , United Kingdom
Are you a graduate looking for an opportunity to grow and develop? Our Cyber Underwriting department are searching for a Cyber Threat Intelligence expert who would be interested in a career in Underwriting.
If Underwriting is something you would be keen to explore and you wish to work in an environment where your development and progression is championed, this may be the position for you!
Together, we engage with everything we have and are, to help humankind act braver and better.
About Munich Re F&C:Based on our deep industry expertise, we are able to provide complex and efficient coverage solutions for single risk business globally. By single risk, we mean all types of individual risks – primary insurance (direct) for large corporates and facultative reinsurance for both commercial/SME and industrial business supporting our cedants.
Munich Re F&C offers direct insurance to large corporate clients as well as facultative reinsurance to our cedants across the globe. Our 550+ experts provide the full single-risk expertise of Munich Re to our partners everywhere. Acting as one team across 20 countries, we ensure our cedants and corporate clients enjoy the best solutions and services across all lines of business. We are proud that leading cedants and the world’s largest companies choose Munich Re F&C as their partner.
It is an exciting time to join our growing and evolving organisation, help us shape the future of direct insurance service provision!
Your overarching task will be, via implementation and deployment of a framework, to ensure that threat intelligence, technological developments, etc. are constantly fed into the underwriting community to ensure an up to date underwriting of large single risks.
Key Responsibilities:The role requires a strong threat intelligence interest and know-how and this expertise defines the profile we are looking for. Over time this will be expanded flexibly to comprise a (partial) underwriting role for large complex risks.
- From your technical expertise, derive actions relevant for underwriting large complex corporate risks, eventually designing a framework for translating threat intelligence into the cyber insurance context. This will imply
- The identification of relevant controls and mitigation measures based on developments in threats, attack techniques and mitigation options
- Support in the analysis and consult on coverage language with respect to their adequacy to describe/ respond to relevant threat trends/ attack forms, and possible loss scenarios, also on a portfolio basis
- Monitoring, interpreting and aggregating of results and ensuring the application of findings to cyber underwriting within the designed framework, training, quality assurance and guidance to the F&C underwriting community
- Assess alternative technologies (such as inside-out scanning) and open source threat intelligence to complement and develop data-driven underwriting
- Acquiring and underwriting cyber and technology insurance risks for large industrial and corporate clients, including all tasks associated with risk and coverage analysis such as pricing and contract negotiations, in line with Munich Re guidelines
- Active collaboration with other MR Cyber teams to maintain one global cyber strategy (claims platforms, Corporate Underwriting, other Cyber business units, etc.), establish an active feedback loop between claims and technical underwriting
- Promote F&C’s capabilities in the area of Cyber in client and broker meetings, conferences and market events
Key Skills & Experience:
- Cultivation of innovation: you strive to create new and better ways for the business unit to be successful, on a content and operational level
- Excellent ability to convey complex or sensitive information independent of the audience’s level of experience
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with clients, brokers and internal business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative and team minded work approach with the ability to also work independently
- High degree of self-motivation and willingness to learn
- Accuracy and Diligence
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- University degree in IT security or computer sciences, a technical degree or Electrical Engineering with IT-security certifications, e.g. CISSP, or similar
- Solid grasp of IT/cyber security and cyber risk management and mitigation.
- Preferably you will have developed those cyber skills as a security consultant or cyber risk manager, and in preferred industries such as Technology, Telecoms, Financial Services or Insurance
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, on target bonus, 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase more along with private medical insurance and employers contributory pension of 10%. This role offers a hybrid working environment where you can work flexibly from home or our London office.
About UsYou will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modelled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working using digitalisation to deliver solutions
We lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
Munich Re is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
Lauren Tyrer – [email protected]