The Cyber Security Specialist reports to the Director of Security Operations and is responsible for identifying, categorizing, tracking, and helping to remediate threats and vulnerabilities in the Newell Brands global environment. The Specialist is also responsible for proactively protecting information assets from unauthorized or inappropriate access, use or disclosure as well as business disruptions through proper identification and escalation of realistic risks. In addition to working closely with IT and the Business, regular interaction with internal and external auditors, Legal, Privacy and Ethics is also required of the position.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for supporting cyber security initiatives and supporting the secure development, delivery, and ongoing security operations of Newell Brands cyber security program.
- Develops an understanding of Newell Brands current and forward-looking threat profile.
- Knowledge of security operations, network & protocols, data and application security solutions.
- Assists in investigations and incident remediation.
- Provides expertise, guidance and advice related to all Cyber Security issues.
- Responsible for supporting Security Operations functions including Threat and Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Alerting and Monitoring.
- Protects valuable information and maintains the confidentiality and integrity of data through knowledge of industry trends and current and emerging risks.
- 4+ years in an Information Security role.
- Proven experience with cyber security technologies required.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough understanding of security concepts.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge network, OS, and application vulnerabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge designing vulnerability mitigations.
- Ability to manually assess vulnerabilities and verify false positives.
- Ability to prioritize vulnerabilities by their risk to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related field required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and appropriate security certifications preferred.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer’s, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands’ beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind.
By submitting your CV you acknowledge having read Newell Brands’ Privacy Statement for Job Applicants available at http://privacy.newellbrands.com/job_en.html . If you wish to be considered also for other suitable positions with the company, please explicitly indicate so on your CV/motivation letter.