Information Security Analyst
Location – Lochside, Edinburgh & Home
In a nutshell
The Information Security team are responsible for overseeing the operation of controls that manage the business risks associated with maintaining information confidentiality, integrity and availability.
As this Information Security Analyst your role will be to support all divisions in Sainsbury’s Bank and Argos Financial Services (SBAFS) with the compliance to the Information Security Policy Standard and supporting controls framework. This function is in early stages of the maturity model and as such you will have an excellent opportunity to help build this service within SBAFS with the delivery of processes, documentation and consultancy services.
We’re not expecting you to know everything (we’re big believers in the power of ‘yet’) but if you can demonstrate a personal interest in cyber security, behaviour change & culture setting – you should still apply, even if you don’t have formal experience in this space. We’ll support your growth and enable you to shape your career around your aspirations.
What you need to do
- Daily scanning and monitoring of Intelligence Feeds including OSINT (Open Source Intelligence)
- Scheduled and Ad-Hoc Reporting of Cyber Threat Landscape contextual to the Bank’s Cyber-Risk Profile
- Consumption and Analysis of SIEM data from Security Operations Centre to augment reporting
- Participation in cyber intelligence sharing forums (representing SBAFS and Strategic Intelligence Lead when required)
- Maintenance of Threat Intelligence Library including Actor and Toolset profiles
- Provide support on the delivery of our secure behaviour change programme.
- Using threat intelligence to support and run SBAFS phishing campaigns. Monitor management information identifying patterns and trends and provide support for colleagues who click on campaign emails or where formal action may be required by supporting the management of the phishing support process
- Support delivering security awareness events which include colleague presentations and lunch & learns
What you need to know and show
- You love asking questions and looking at all aspects of a problem to find potential solutions. The more creative & engaging the solution, the better.
- Developing an open, enabling security culture means we get the opportunity to talk to colleagues every day to support our function and business goals. This means you could be delivering a presentation to a hundred people on phishing campaign results, or you could be talking to senior managers about how they can support their business area, or you could be engaging with our leadership teams on next steps for their security journey. We talk to everyone in this function, and we love it.
- Lots of what we do in security culture is about long term, sustainable change but we’re still a business, so we need to report on our progress and remain accountable for our goals. You’ll be happy to support the reporting and administration activities that arise throughout the year. You’ll be able to spot and document where we can add value every day.
- Foundational knowledge of basic security concepts including access management and DLP
- Ability to translate technical concepts into business-friendly language for reporting purposes
- Desire to develop intelligence tradecraft and enhance SBAFS profile within Intel community
- Strong Office skills including Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment
- A member of a professional body in the Information Security arena, and/or have a relevant professional qualification is advantageous.
- Dashboard reporting experience would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Experience in the financial services industry, not mandatory
- Cyber Security qualifications are an advantage
In addition to the all-important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance.
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table.
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card.
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
Sainsburys Bank Lochside Sainsbury’s Bank 3 Lochside Avenue Edinburgh EH12 9DJ
Advertised Salary Competitive