Cyber Security Consultant – Business Specialist
Are you looking to apply your cyber security skills and experience within a multi-disciplinary team to new and varied challenges; helping our customers solve complex problems and assisting them with their engineering projects by supporting the creation and realisation of new systems? If so, this role could be for you.
What’s the role?
As part of the growth of our existing successful team, we have new and exciting opportunities for Cyber Security Consultants.
Roles are available for people with different levels of skill, competency, and previous experience. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate SFIA 8 professional skills at levels 4 or 5 for both Consultancy and Information Security.
What are we looking for?
In addition to the required SFIA skills, we are looking for Cyber Security Consultants who:
- can understand the client’s business context when developing cyber strategies, planning implementations and conducting options analysis;
- are experienced in developing business models and technical security architectures;
- can map business and high-level requirements to technical requirements, deliverable solutions and programmes of work;
- can consider problems and identify solutions from a people, process, technology, and data perspective.
- have an awareness of the latest trends in the cyber security field and state of the art cyber security solutions;
- have experience in one or more of the following areas: Information Technology, Cloud, Operational Technology, solutions for disadvantaged locations;
- can provide security-related design advice to projects, contributing to a ‘secure by design’ approach for solutions;
- can identify cyber and information security risks and propose appropriate activities and controls to mitigate them.
- are experienced in bidding and winning work in the commercial and/or government environment;
- can collaborate with customers, stakeholders and suppliers to implement timely solutions.
As much of our work is directly customer focused, your ability to present and articulate technically complex work clearly to stakeholders with differing levels of technical knowledge is important.
Knowledge of NCSC and internationally recognised cyber standards would be an advantage.
We value professional qualifications and professional registration with appropriate institutions, and we can provide support, a generous training allowance and tailored experience in order for you to achieve these, if not already held.
Please note, this role is reserved for sole UK Nationals only and will be subject to security checks. You will need to obtain a UK SC Clearance to be confirmed in the post.
What can we offer you?
We believe in hiring the best talent, from diverse backgrounds, as this introduces new ideas to the team and our customers. This role will be part of the wider Mission Systems team which is growing fast and works across different defence and security sectors and markets.
At BMT we appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure. We ensure that our people have access to the training and mentoring that they need to be the best at what they do. We constantly strive to improve our working environment and provide everyone with the tools and applications they need to do their roles effectively.
The wellbeing of the team is central to our success, so workloads are managed effectively and we work hard at our positive organisational culture. On top of this we have a host of benefits and family friendly policies designed to support our people.
We can be flexible on location and we’re happy to offer remote and flexible working too, including part-time hours. As well as our main offices in central Bath we also have offices in Plymouth, Portsmouth, Weymouth, and London. There will be some travel required to customer sites and to attend meetings at other locations.
BMT is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. To view our full policy please click here – https://www.bmt.org/careers/our-benefits/diversity-and-equality/.
What do we do?
BMT is the leading independent centre of engineering design, design support, app development and technical services for defence and security customers. BMT is known for its innovation, expertise and our ability to tackle the most complex design and systems issues.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application.
If you are not sure where you fit within our team structure then please feel free to apply and we can then discuss potential opportunities with you.