Zip Co Limited is an ASX listed rapidly expanding global fintech business headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with our EMEA division headquartered out of London, along with a growing presence focused in the US, UK, EU and ME markets.
We’re here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere.
Our values: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game, are at the heart of everything we do and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and people. Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
In this newly created role as Information Security Officer, you will work with the Group Chief Information Security Officer to implement and maintain information security policies, standards, tools and controls to protect data and information for the United Kingdom. This position will ensure that Zip stays compliant with all regional privacy and security regulations and monitors the status of security and zone project implementations. The ISO will identify, report and act upon security risks, assist with global budgeting, directing the local incident response process and coordinating with other groups to mitigate any threats within the United Kingdom.
This role does report into the Global Chief Information Security Officer. You will collaborate closely with the various Zip Group business teams including Information Security, Risk, Legal, Compliance, and Privacy teams across the globe, how exciting?
- Provide leadership to refine and enhance the implementation of a risk-based strategy program to manage our information assets and then continuously review and set/update policies to support the program.
- Drive assessment, understanding, and alignment of cybersecurity risk with company senior executives. Recommend actions in line with overall company risk management and gain acceptance at appropriate levels
- Work with internal teams and third-party vendors to implement the relevant security policies and procedures, including regulatory and legal requirements
- Ensure compliance is in place for relevant security policies and procedures, including regulatory and legal requirements
- Provide consultation to IT projects on the testing, deployment, execution, and management of IT security for new and enhanced services
- Participate and cooperate in internal and external security audits as required
- Develop, test, evaluate, implement, and monitor new or enhanced security systems, tools, devices, ruleset changes and products to support the defined security architecture, policies, and standards
- Manage and run the Region Security program for the United Kingdom
- Respond to security escalations and investigations and own the resolution of security incidents with internal and third-party suppliers
- At least 8 years of experience in information security in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of security standards / frameworks i.e. NIST, ISO 27001, FCA, etc
- Extensive experience in operating, monitoring, and enforcing security policies, standards, tools, controls, and systems in large scale organizations with special focus on shared infrastructure and teams
- Direct experience with working with auditors and regulatory bodies including the Financial Conduct Authority
- Collaborative approach to decision-making, ability to influence without direct line reporting
- Clear ability to communicate persuasively and build business case with senior executives
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills, able to determine the impact of issues quickly and prioritize corrective actions
- Strong relationship management skills, with evidence of working effectively and collaboratively within and across global teams in an agile way
- Previous security experience in a retail banking environment or payment processors is preferred, but is not mandatory
- Proven experience of working in a high performing team.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do – how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that’s okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we’d love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- 25 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- Paid birthday and volunteering leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- 5% company pension contributions
- Remote working allowance
- Lots of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.