Offered Salary 1000
Experience Less Than 1 Year
prosource.it is a managed IT services provider focusing on infrastructure, operational and project requirements across the corporate enterprise market. Our global office presence extends from Aberdeen and London in the UK to Houston, Calgary and Dubai. We have a workforce of +500 staff and contractors worldwide and continually have opportunities in challenging and rewarding roles. At prosource, we pride ourselves on being agile, accepting and embracing change and always doing the right thing for our Customers. Our team is built with dynamic, talented and dedicated individuals, who are committed to service excellence, are full of enthusiasm for their specialism and have a desire to keep their skillset current. Teamwork and a “can do/what will it take” attitude is key to working at prosource.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Information Security SME to join our team in Aberdeen.
As Information Security SME you will be responsible for providing information to our security engineering function, across a diverse range of complex IS projects.
What you’ll do
· Pro-active delivery of Enterprise based Information and Cyber Security solutions enabling the delivery of secure and reliable IT infrastructures.
· Working with Security Manager, Security Architect, Infrastructure manager and Security Operations Lead in the protection of the clients IT infrastructure services.
· Provide SME level security knowledge and design engineering that leads to the creation of high quality, secure by design, project deliveries. Examples of projects:
o Secure Internet Access
o Privileged Remote Access
o VPN consolidation
o Information Management (Records Management & Data Governance)
o Infrastructure Road Mapping
· Producing and completing security assurance reviews of HLDs and LLDs for complex projects.
· Identifying security related risk from projects and leading risk assessment processes.
· Identify divergences from best practice / security policy within projects and lead resolution processes.
· Working across vendors, project team and wider IS team to define well designed solutions that meet project requirements.
· Be innovative, pragmatic and enthusiastic to ensure safe, secure and reliable project delivery.
What to bring
· Multi-year experience working within information and cyber security.
· Highly innovative and technically minded able to solve complex challenges.
· Stays up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
· Adept at identifying risk from complex projects and facilitating systematic risk assessments.
· Experienced in producing HLDs and LLDs for complex project delivery.
· Experienced in completing security assurance reviews of HLDs and LLDs, identifying misalignments with best practices / business standards and finding pragmatic solutions.
· Understanding of:
– Network architecture principles.
– Web security technologies (Zscaler / Palo Alto).
– Security delivery within Microsoft Azure.
– Firewall / UTM knowledge (Palo Alto preferred)
– Privileged Remote Access solutions
– Access & Data Storage Controls.
– Data Loss Prevention technologies and techniques.
– Multifactor authentication solutions.
– Virtualisation and containerisation
We are committed to recognising and rewarding hard work and offer a competitive benefits package which includes but is not limited to private medical and dental insurance, group life assurance and training and development for all our staff. Bring your career aspirations to us and we will provide you with the opportunities to shine and develop your career.
If you are enthusiastic, willing to always learn and looking for a challenging but rewarding position where you work for a forward thinking organisation who offer excellent opportunities, please send you CV to our talent team
We can only consider candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application.
Reference ID: 1595
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Information Security: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19