Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We’re a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That’s Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
The Grant Thornton Cyber Defence Centre are an established Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) at the forefront of Cyber solutions, working with industry leading technologies. We offer a path for progression and invest in our workforce. Initiative is encouraged and support is always available across the team and wider group. We work collaboratively and cross functionally, boasting a healthy ethos.
In this 12-month fixed term contract you will get an insight to the GT Cyber Defence Centre and the many service lines in which we operate, this includes Security Operations Centre (SOC), Cyber Defence, Incident Response, Digital Forensics and Cyber Operations (MDR (Managed, Detection and Response), Support and Client Success). You will be responsible for shadowing more senior members whilst receiving general tasking whereby you will research and learn how to carry out tasks in the respective roles. You will truly understand and observe how a fully functional MSSP operates.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As a Junior Cyber Associate within the GT Cyber Defence Centre you will:
- Support and execute general security operations specific to the team you report to (IR/Defence/Forensics/SecOps)
- Support development of standards, policies, procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize security, service availability, efficiency and effectiveness
- Research and investigate regulatory compliance requirements, reporting and questions, support the team in resolving compliance, audit and regulatory issues
- Take part in a range of security processes to assist with the identification of opportunities for improvement
- Develop an overview of how we work as a collective which we will ask you to do a presentation on at the end of your tenure
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Junior Cyber Associate, the minimum criteria you’ll need is a passion for cyber security with a requirement for a ‘year in industry’ or have recently graduated from university with a 2:1 degree in STEM.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Any knowledge in IT and/or security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks
- A knowledge of security technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Teamworking skills in order to collaborate with different teams
- Written communication skills
- Time-management and organisational skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.