Persimmon Plc are recruiting for a Junior Cyber Security Engineer, based in York, to join the Cyber Security team. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to support us in protecting and securing the company and its IT Infrastructure.
This position requires some previous experience in IT, you will be keen to learn and develop your skills and be passionate about working in a security environment. We are open to the type of IT background you have come from, but we would like to see evidence that illustrates your interest in Cyber Security, this could be a cyber-related qualification. You will need a good understanding of IT fundamentals (including basic troubleshooting, networking and Microsoft Office applications). This will be a multi-disciplined role that will give you exposure to many different areas of IT in a fast paced environment. Comprehensive on the job training will be given, with additional support for relevant Cyber Security qualifications.
Key Responsibilities –
- Carry out regular assessments of IT systems and processes to identify all potential security vulnerabilities and risks facing the business.
- Make recommendations for improvement to the business for any newly required controls, or modifications to existing controls.
- Create and develop policies and processes.
- Support the company Cyber Security awareness training, respond to queries and deliver phishing simulation exercises.
- Take a proactive approach to end point security, including device management and threat hunting.
- To monitor systems and networks for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity, highlighting potential weaknesses and implement strengthening measures where necessary.
- Troubleshoot security and network problems.
- Respond to all system and/or network security breaches.
- To monitor and respond to ‘phishing’ emails and ‘pharming’ activity.
- Support the creation of monthly reports for both technical and non-technical staff and senior stakeholders on key aspects of the Group’s performance in relation to Cyber Security.
- To research and evaluate emerging Cyber Security threats.
- To keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments.
- Previous experience in an IT Technical or Cyber Security role.
- Good understanding of IT fundamentals (including basic troubleshooting, networking and Microsoft Office applications).
- Working knowledge of Cyber Security principles.
- Basic technical knowledge of both client and server Microsoft operating systems.
- A Level IT, BTEC in Computing or equivalent.
- Awareness of security technologies: SIEM, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Active Directory administration.
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools.
- Working in large scale, multi-site environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework.
- CompTIA Network+.
- CompTIA Security+.
- Degree in related field.
- Other relevant certifications.
- Strong communication skills, at all levels, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and willing to stay up to date with new and changing technologies.
- Passion for IT and developing a career in Cyber Security.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Willingness to continually learn.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional team and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation with commitment, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to prioritise own work and proactively look for new tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Flexible working and adaptable to change.
- Valid UK driving licence.
Competitive salary, Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, Potential for Hybrid working.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory background check e.g. employment history and criminal record check. These background checks are job specific to certain vacancies within Persimmon.