We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Network Architect
Lead Network Architect
The Network Architecture team responsibilities include:
- Consistent application of design standards to business needs.
- Develop solutions leveraging our approved network strategy to meet the different requirements for new data center network designs and WAN.
- Develop comprehensive solutions for existing data center network design updates including Mergers and Acquisitions, integrations, and planning
- Develop onboarding documentation for a smooth handover into operations
- Network design (high level and low level), architecture, and implementation oversight including associated documentation.
- Network security infrastructure solutions including firewalls/IDS/IPS.
- Network design that includes automation and orchestration where possible.
Have you ever analyzed, tested, authored high level and low level designs, and brought any new technology solution to implementation?
Have you ever performed detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting? Have you lead the effort to solve the problem collaboratively?
Have you ever deployed applications or virtual infrastructure in the cloud?
Have you ever designed and worked with a cross-functional team to deploy a solution per the delivery requirements on a global scale?
Have you ever had to work with an acquired company to merge networks and applications?
- Design solutions for merged or acquired companies to work with the Mastercard network.
- Provide strategic technical direction on highly complex network projects or activities involving the selection and recommendation of design approach and systems technology.
- Manage several projects pertaining to data center and security applications inclusive of but not limited to; production data centers, wide area networking, mergers & acquisitions, and network roadmaps.
- Research and develop innovative solutions around global unified network solutions and future technologies; Support supplier and vendor management including potential evaluation and selection of new products.
- Research and develop automation tools to support the Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) movement.
- Provide fourth level support to the Operations Command Center; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis.
All About You
- 10+ years experience in Network Engineering, Design, and Architecture adhering to current standard design methodologies and best practices.
- Articulate, passionate about the network, and can easily convey network drawings into an easy to digest design. This team is often challenged with helping guide our internal customers in uncovering the core requirements so we can interpret into a network design that meets the business needs.
- Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, knowledgeable with IPv6 addressing.
- Firewall experience: Checkpoint as well as Palo Alto.
- Knowledge of Cisco’s latest product portfolio; routers, switches, wireless, ACS and ISE
- Extensive knowledge of Network diagnostics, protocols, and disciplines, EIGRP, OMP, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies.
- Knowledge of security and encryption technologies including; DMVPN, IPSEC and GRE tunnels, certificates, and SSL/MSSL.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent customer support capabilities.
- Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented. with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Methodical problem resolving skills and mastery of developing high level and detailed network designs; solid web applications and technologies a plus; Cisco certifications such as CCNP/CCDP or CCIE desired but not required; Security certifications such SSCP or CISSP desired but not required.
- Design, engineer and implementation of Software Defined Networking. Special focus on VMWare NSX, Illumio, and/or Arista Cloud Vision.
- Design, engineer and implement software defined WAN.
- Research and develop innovative solutions that support cloud connect strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.