The rapid evolution of technology and the risks related to this regularly make headline news. The potential financial and reputational impact from threats ranging from external cyber-attacks to internal rogue trading and high-profile data losses makes the need for technology assurance an item of Board level concern. As an IT Internal Audit Manager, you’ll be helping our clients gain the comfort they and their stakeholders (including regulators) require whilst simultaneously gaining skills to develop a career in a fast growing professional services organisation. That will mean combining your technical knowledge of IT and data risks and controls with your client facing experience to work with EY staff of all grades to provide clients with the assurance and recommendations for improvement they need. Working with some of the world’s most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organisations you will be an integral part of our Technology Risk team within EY’s Business Consulting practice.
As part of our commitment to flexible working, you will manage your time between working on client site and in our offices, as a member of our highly skilled engagement teams. As a Manager you will be an influential member of our growing FS IT Internal Audit team and you’ll have the opportunity to focus on the delivery of internal audits related to IT and data risks. Working closely with a range of clients you will help them deliver their annual internal audit plans addressing key IT and data risks. This can include the delivery of audits related to IT governance & strategy; data governance; cyber security; data privacy and security; operational resilience (including business continuity and IT resilience); cloud computing and other emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and robotics.
We’re currently growing our IT Internal Audit capability in response to increasing market demand and this opportunity provides you with the chance to join a dynamic, diverse and rapidly evolving team focused on adding value to our client’s internal audit functions.
Your key responsibilities
An important part of your role as a Manager is to establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You’ll help create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members to help them develop. In line with our commitment to quality, you’ll also have a key role in ensuring exceptional client service and delivery. At the same time as maintaining strong client relationships and delivering high quality outcomes you will need to deliver engagements to agreed time and cost budgets.
Skills and attributes for success
- Manging excellent client relationships
- High quality outcomes and deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- Managing the end to end delivery of IT Internal Audit engagements
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative and inclusive culture
- Helping develop our practice and, once you become one of our more senior managers, supporting business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts
- Understanding, demonstrating and communicating workplace policies and procedures to staff
- Learning about EY, our clients and their IT landscape, including their adoption of cloud, use of artificial intelligence and robotic process automation
- Getting involved with industry research and client thought leadership
To qualify for the role you must have
A strong academic background and demonstrable experience in a number of the following areas:
- IT internal audit, gained ideally either within a professional services consulting role or from being part of a successful and dynamic Internal Audit function within a major financial institution or blue-chip industry firm
- Track record of additional experience in leading and delivering large-scale IT risk and control related engagements to quality, time and cost expectations, including:
- IT external audit support comparable to our Financial Audit IT (FAIT) solution
- IT third party reporting (e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06 (or 01/20), SOC2)
- IT elements of regulatory reviews (e.g. S166, client money, Sarbanes Oxley)
- Delivery of audits covering a broad range of IT and data risks such as third-party risk management, operational resilience, cyber security and change programmes
- FS industry knowledge and a sound understanding of the FS technology landscape
- Thorough understanding of UK and EMEIA FS regulatory environment
- Managing and delivering end to end client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and manage cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Have developed a good market network
- An eagerness and track record in establishing and leading high-performance teams and supporting and coaching individual team members
- Relevant industry certification such as CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM.
What we look for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within the IT Internal Audit field, so they’ll look to you to ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.