Would you like a role that allows you to further your career within a rapidly growing company, with the chance to work with varied technologies during a period of IT transformation?
If so, Transact’s IT department have a new opportunity for an experienced Network Security Engineer. You will be joining an innovative and growing team, who have a number of exciting projects in the pipeline as part of a wider business change programme.
- Manage and maintain the network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/Wireless)
- Configuration of networking equipment such as firewalls, switches, and load balancers
- Provide an escalation path for the support team for network and security related issues
- Configuration and monitoring of security tools
- Defining and maintaining network and security policies
- Responding to security and threat alerts, developing runbooks for consistent responses
- Datacentre management including access control, network patching and documentation
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture and configuration of routers, firewalls and switches, ideally to CCNA level (or equivalent level of experience)
- Experience of cyber security tools and data loss prevention methods
- Experience of installation and configuration of modern SIEM solutions
- Proven network infrastructure experience in a live environment
- Creating network diagrams and support documentation
- Pro-active, collaborative team member
- Knowledge of implementation and configuration of network monitoring tools
In return we are able to offer a competitive base salary, discretionary company bonus, BUPA health insurance, 25 days annual leave and sponsorship for relevant professional qualifications.
The role is based in our central London office, although we are currently working from home. We hope to return to the office mid February 2022, whereby we will undertake a six month pilot of working a hybrid arrangement of two days a week in the office and three days a week from home. If this pilot is a success, it is expected to become a permanent arrangement.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £54.54 billion of funds under direction (as at December 2021) on behalf of over 6,600 advisers and 213,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients’ assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact’s parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Permanent