About JLL Technologies
The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) industry is at an inflection point. The technological disruptions that have already transformed retail, travel, and transportation have been slower to emerge here, but they are coming at full speed. JLL, a globally recognized leader in CRE, recognized these forces early, and is making massive investments in technology to transform both itself and the industry as a whole.
JLL Technologies (JLLT) is the tech arm of JLL, with the dual mandate of growing the company’s technology revenue while also driving market share and margin gains in our existing business. Our mission is to leverage technology to increase the value and liquidity of the world’s buildings, while enhancing the productivity and the happiness of those that occupy them.
The Security Analyst will support global Security team for vulnerability management and selected projects.
A rounded and experienced professional is required with a knowledge of all aspects of cyber security to ensure optimum operational effectiveness in a highly-outsourced environment. A previous/recent hands-on background will be useful as the successful candidate will be expected to provide technical product specific guidance and oversight. The role isn’t directly hands-on, but all oversight recommendations need to be technology specific and pragmatic.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Track all vulnerability remediation efforts & hold support teams and vendors accountable for timelines
- Evaluate potential false positives and tune scanner accordingly
- Produce comprehensive technical and executive level reports to identify & classify risk
- Assessing the criticality of findings and drawing up response plans alongside system owners
- Escalation and timely resolution of issues and problems
- Security Change and Problem Management
- Liaising with and managing third party suppliers to be compliant with JLL Standards
- Evaluate the security impact and threat of configuration changes and software upgrades
- Implementation of new projects, systems, and services
- Designing security processes, procedures, and controls
Decision Making Authority/Mandates/Constraints:
- Makes Recommendations regarding the feasibility of IT Projects
- Participates in the establishment and enhancement of security processes and standards
Knowledge and Experience:
Relevant and Demonstrable experience in a major security support role Knowledge of ITIL Framework Analytical, precise, with open questioning approach. Extensive knowledge and experience of working in security in international organisations across multiple sites Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking that can be applied to multiple facets of security Previous experience with one or more of industry standard vulnerability scanners including set-up/configuration, reporting, scanning best practices, agent deployment, and asset management within the tool. Understanding of risk-based process to review vulnerabilities for exploitation & reasoning for criticality including the ability to explain to support teams Ability to identify critical risk vulnerabilities and escalate accordingly Proactive approach to system reliability Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills Competent use of both Windows and Cisco Networking Product Skills:
- AV/Endpoint Protection (McAfee, Crowdstrike)
- Firewalls (Cisco, F5, Palo Alto)
- Log Management (Qradar)
- Vulnerability Management (e.g. Nexpose, QualysGuard, etc)
- Intrusion Prevention (Proventia/Snort)
- Load Balancers (F5)
- Scripting Proficiency (PowerShell / VB) Network Analysis Process, procedure, and work instruction design
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Direct and Pragmatic – the individual must be pragmatic and able to draw on experience of industry standard practice, to be able to implement practices with baselines and processes across the organization.
- Delivery Focus – the role requires an individual who will focus on specific deliverables and reinforce value propositions where necessary.
- Written Communication – to prepare reports and user documentation in a clear and concise manner.
- Travel to offices if required.
The following is a list of activities undertaken to exemplify the breadth of activities in a typical week:
- Analyse findings of a scan report where support teams believe they are false positives
- Review map scans to ensure that all systems are covered within vulnerability scans
- Attend meetings with support teams to prioritize findings for remediation
- Trace and remediate authentication issues for a specific technology stack
- Produce a report for senior management regarding risk
- Review news alerts for vulnerabilities & their impact to the firm based on technology use
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [email protected] . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.