Guardian Media Group (GMG) is a leading global media organisation, the publisher of the Guardian, which celebrated its 200th anniversary in 2021, the Observer and theGuardian.com, which attracts over 200 million global unique browsers each month. We are renowned for our ground-breaking independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
We are now looking for a Security Architect to support the Information Security department with activities relevant to GCP cloud security.
About the Team
Guardian News and Media information security team is the organisational cybersecurity centre of excellence. We are responsible for driving the organisational cyber security improvements, implementing core security controls and supporting other technical teams in implementing the required security standards in a diverse technology ecosystem.
About The Role
Reporting to the Head of InfoSec you will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic security team and will be responsible for the following:
- You’ll drive improvement of cloud security controls and provide hands-on support of implementation as needed.
- You’ll drive the security control framework improvements, define architectural blueprints and design standards.
- Determine and document baseline security configuration standards for operating systems (e.g. operating system hardening), network segmentation, and identity and access management (IAM).
- Proven hands-on GCP security engineering experience and native GCP security products.
- Direct, hands-on experience managing security infrastructure such as firewalls, IPSs, WAFs, endpoint protection, SIEM and log management technology.
- Experience in designing security of complex multi-project, multi-cloud systems.
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity and enterprise architecture frameworks (NIST CSF, SABSA, TOGAF).
You can see the full job description here.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you’d love to take on this role, and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st February 2022.
The Guardian offers a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
We have a strong commitment to your learning, development and wellbeing, with hundreds of different courses available – ranging from bite-sized e-learning courses, to on-site workshops and professional certifications.
It’s the talent, energy and commitment our people bring to our business that make us who we are. Across our business we have some of the brightest and best people in media and beyond: award winning journalists, cutting edge commercial teams, industry leading digital talent and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many events groups and forums to get involved in. Our Kings Place offices overlook Regents Canal, with the newly-developed Coal Drops Yard, Granary Square and St Pancras Square shops, restaurants and pop-ups.
We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people at the Guardian. We aspire to have inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.
Job Type: Full-time