Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a Security Engineer with focus on Incident Response to join our Security Operations team in Tallinn or London.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone.
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a security engineer and help save millions more people money.
The Security Operations Team is responsible for incident response and technical security concerns. We work together with teams to minimise the amount of vulnerabilities introduced into Wise products and infrastructure. We act as the first line of defence for attacks aimed against us internally or externally.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Security Operations Team:
- Help us detect, analyse and mitigate attacks or abuses across the company. You’ll be acting as a 1st line Security Engineer in SOC
- You will be triaging incoming requests and alerts and help to keep our queues under control
- You will be improving and developing Wise security monitoring solutions and helping relevant teams to solve problematic controls
Is this you?
- Are passionate about Cybersecurity and Incident Response
- You’re passionate about defending web or infrastructure attacks and abuse
- You like to deal with complicated security incidents
- You understand what a runbook is and can define it for simple IR purposes
- Are passionate about working with data – extracting information from large sets of data and finding patterns or abnormal activity
- Basic understanding of Windows and Linux internals
- Basic understanding of network security
- Have automated your detections and mitigations in Python/Go/Java/Powershell/Bash
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions and understanding the difference
- You have worked with different SIEM-s (like Elasticsearch or similar) and understand what happens under the hood
- You have experience with OSQuery or similar tooling
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Have worked within a production environment and understand the importance of CI
- Infrastructure pentesting experience
- An understanding of what it takes to secure Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with IDS solutions
- You understand the value of WAF and how to maintain it
- You understand what security standards like PCI/ISO/SOC are and how they work
Interested? Find out more:
How we work – a practical guide
Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
Engineering team blog
Scaling our Infrastructure; how we make it work
What you get back:
- RSU’s in a growing company
- An annual self-development budget
- Pet friendly offices
- ️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- ️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our London office.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.