Offered Salary 1000
Experience 3 Years
Are you looking for a step up in your security career? Are you ready for a new challenge within corporate Security?
We are working with the National History Museum which exhibits a wide range of specimens from various segments of natural history. These can include dinosaurs, the ocean and wildlife. If you have an interest in this, then this is the perfect security position for you.
To play an active role at the site you will be responsible for patrolling and providing incident response to protect the whole of the Museum’s estate, including its collections and assets and maintaining a secure and safe environment for visitors, staff and contractors
What we can offer you:
- £10.72 per hour rising to £11.14 from 1st April 2022
- Shift pattern of 4 on, 4 off
- Annual leave of 5.6/ weeks per year
- Life assurance scheme
- Company sick pay
- Pension Scheme
- Access to an industry leading Employee Benefits Platform offering lifestyle savings and discounts on most high street retailers, a Reward and Recognition programme
- The opportunity to develop your security career with access to training and development programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression
- Employee Referral Scheme
- To carry out security patrols across the Museum’s site and buildings as per post/ patrol instructions, SOPs’ and AIs’ and/ or as directed by Security Supervisors/ Managers.
- Remain alert and vigilant to activity on the site taking prompt action and early reporting to Supervisor/ Manager anything of concern to help minimise risk and better ensure that all people, museum collections and assets remain safe and secure.
- To undertake other ad hoc security duties when required such as event/ function security
- Operate radio, telephone and other communication systems in a prompt helpful and professional manner.
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Basic IT Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- SIA – DS licence
About Wilson James
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James provides services to some of the world’s most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company.
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
For information about Wilson James’ commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please see our website.