Permanent. Full Time 35 hours per week. 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance. Voluntary Benefits: Group Pension Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme, Charity Worker Discounts.
At the Royal British Legion, we believe in building on potential. As a Senior Cyber Security Engineer, your ability to take the lead on the design and implement of secure network solutions to defend against hackers, cyber-attacks and other persistent threats could have a real impact on people’s lives.
At its heart, RBL is a people organisation. People who want to do the very best for others, while at the same time making the most of the opportunities and experiences we offer them.
We are the country’s largest Armed Forces charity, with 210,000 members, 50,000 volunteers and a network of partners and charities; helping us give support wherever and whenever it’s needed. As a Senior Cyber Security Engineer, you will be responsible for Operational Excellence taking the lead on the design and implement of secure network solutions to defend against hackers, cyber-attacks and other persistent threats.
If successful, the main duties of your role will be:
- To take the lead on the design and implement of secure network solutions to defend against hackers, cyber-attacks and other persistent threats.
- To continually test and monitor RBL’s business systems, making sure that all the system’s defences are up to date and working correctly.
- To contribute to the overall IM&T strategy and drive through the implementation of cyber security initiatives that support our current and future business needs
- Advising and taking part in knowledge transfer and training sessions to the wider RBL IT services team.
- Participate in multi-discipline projects acting as the Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert in scoping, researching, vendor selection, implementation, configuration, documentation and roll out of strategic infrastructure technologies.
About the Royal British Legion
Across the country, in every city and on every street, RBL is there to support our Armed Forces community.
It’s this mission, this scale, this challenge and the values we all live by, that makes the RBL such a fulfilling place to thrive.
If you want to give your days meaning. To put your passion into a role with real impact. To support people and be supported yourself. In an inclusive team that faces every challenge together. Whatever your interests and ambitions, whatever your background, we think you’ll find a role here that works for you, with career opportunities right across the UK.
We believe that the compassion, understanding, and service we show each and every individual should be reflected in the way we all support, respect, and include every individual who works with us. We want everyone involved in our work or receiving our services, to feel proud to contribute to or be part of a diverse and inclusive organisation.
We recognise that we still have a long way to go to ensure that we make the RBL a truly great and inclusive organisation to work for and be part of so we have set out our commitments to provide a clear path to deliver this ambition. We will keep listening, learning, and sharing our progress and impact.
How to Apply
Please click ‘Apply Online’
Closing date for this role is: Sunday 21st of August
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.