Senior Cyber Security Manager, Permanent
Excellent Salary & Benefits
The Tesco name comes with a dedication to customer service excellence, but Tesco Bank offers something more: a fresh approach to finance. While it’s an innovation, ours is a business built on the next development, the evolution to come. For forward-thinking, cyber security professionals, that means making a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in an organisation that’s changing the face of banking for our customers.
We’re on a mission to make our customers happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances.
The Tesco Bank security operations team has grown significantly in recent years to match the change in the cyber security landscape and the growing number and complexity of attacks that the Bank receives.
Our Senior Security Cyber Manager is required to lead the team in operational security engagements, particularly the management of security incidents. You will be a Cyber Security subject matter expert, providing Business Areas and Senior Management with support in the assessment and management of Cyber Security Risk.
You will manage and oversee key Cyber Security projects and change activity to protect Tesco Bank customers, systems, assets, and organisational data against technical threats.
You will influence the executive level across business units to develop the tools and processes needed to support Cyber Security across Tesco Bank. Other responsibilities included are:
- Steering the development of security requirements for projects, change and new products
- Leading collaboration with senior colleagues in business areas to quantify and subsequently rectify identified gaps in our cyber defences
- Driving security and awareness within Tesco Bank
- Designing solutions from the people and process aspect of Information Security alongside existing technical controls
- Developing models and processes to reduce the impact of information security related threats Contributing to the successful development and maintenance of cyber security risk assessment framework
- Supporting the development and implementation of the overall CISO strategy
- Overseeing the management of 3rd party security suppliers/vendors
- Implementing and co-ordinating assurance activities to support the CISO mandate across Tesco Bank (including 3rd party suppliers).
What you’ll bring:
- Relevant experience of IS/IT/Cyber within a highly regulated environment
- Good knowledge of industry standards, frameworks, and regulation
- Robust experience of project management and delivery
- Proven experience in line management
- A can-do attitude, with a calm management style in high pressure situations, providing technical leadership to service and incident management.
- You will be a strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to explain extremely technical issues so the Executives will understand the salient points and risks any issues present to the business# Relevant post graduate degree/industry security accreditation.
How to apply
We value our people and diverse team and believe the variety of backgrounds and experiences make us stronger to achieve our goals. We encourage colleagues to be productive, focus on meaningful work, and look for ways to further develop themselves & career, and have an excellent work/life balance.
Our colleagues are working remotely. Looking to the future, we are excited to understand our ‘new normal’ and are committed to exploring the opportunities that a hybrid working environment could bring for our wider team. If you’re interested in finding out more about what a career at Tesco Bank looks like, click apply to find out more!