Posting Description:Senior Red Team Consultant
Aon are currently recruiting a Senior Red Team Consultant to join our team in London/ Manchester / part homebased. The Senior Red Team Consultant will be primarily responsible for Red Team capability development – tools, techniques and tradecraft.
Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon’s recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About Cyber Solutions
Aon’s Cyber Solutions offers holistic cyber risk management, unsurpassed investigative skills, and proprietary technologies to help clients uncover and quantify cyber risks, protect critical assets, and recover from cyber incidents.
About the Role
Your impact as a Senior Red Team Consultant:
- Infrastructure penetration testing and Red and Purple Team Engagements;
- Red Team capability development – tools, techniques and tradecraft;
- Phishing and other Social Engineering Campaigns;
- Evasion of Anti-Virus and End-point Detection and Response Engagements;
- Vulnerability and penetration assessments on Internet exposed and internal systems;
- Applying and developing appropriate exploits to gain access and expand access to remote systems;
- Documenting technical issues identified during security assessments;
- Interface with clients when working on engagements on-site;
- Mentoring more junior colleagues and supporting managers whenever necessary;
- Perform peer review and quality checks on work product from other colleagues;
- Instructor-led and self-guided training activities, including you working towards attaining company funded security certifications;
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
The following qualifications are expected from potential applicants:
- Experience in performing application and/or infrastructure penetration testing independently/ red team experience;
- Development and/or source code review experience in one or more of these languages: C/C++, C#, Python, or Java;
- Familiarity with threat modelling and security design review methodologies;
- A good understanding of Unix, Windows Operating Systems security;
- A good understanding of / exposure to enterprise network technology;
- Degree from an accredited University or equivalent;
- CREST Certified Tester (CCT INF) or equivalent;
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Passion for technology and a drive for self-learning, paired with good customer facing skills;
- Currently resident within the European Union, or not requiring work permit sponsorship.
The following items are not required but would be considered a differentiator:
- Additional security and penetration testing certifications such as CCSAS, HTB ProLabs, Offensive Security, Certified Red Team Operator, or other Infrastructure / Red Team qualifications;
- Operational experience with C2 frameworks, Red Team tool development, Red Team Infrastructure management;
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related major;
- Experience working as part of an enterprise operations team and systems or network administration experience;
- Experience developing custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification;
- Fluent in an additional Western European language, other than English.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.