Offered Salary 1000
Experience 3 Years
Rest Less are a social impact start-up that helps and inspires a generation of over 50s to get more out of life. There are 20m individuals aged between 50 and 70 in the UK and this population is set to boom over the next decade. Today’s 50 year olds are fundamentally healthier and more active than ever before, yet are still unrepresented across so many dimensions. We’re here to challenge outdated stereotypes of age in both the workplace and in wider society. Since we launched Rest Less in late 2018, we have successfully built a trusted and respected brand. We have over 750k members, with a target to reach 1 million by February of 2022.
About the role
The Technology Operations Manager is a technology leader who will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and assist with overseeing the overall business tech health and information security for Rest Less. The role consists of implementing, improving and supporting the Rest Less business tech stack, whilst also working as a blended on-site/remote Technology Operations Manager. The role shares many responsibilities and is the lead of all things business tech in the business.
Top 5 reasons to join us
- We are a business with a social conscience and mission, you will be part of a movement and platform that is changing people’s lives for the better
- We are flexible with remote working, you will be required once a week at most (London).
- Your opinion matters, not just on technology operations, on everything.
- You’ll be working alongside a team of highly talented colleagues whom promote a supportive and transparent environment
- We value quality over quantity and our compensation packages reflect that with highly competitive salaries.
About the business tech
The Rest Less tech stack is all cloud based and used by all of the Rest Less Team. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Azure Active Directory
- Bob’s Business
- macOS, ChromeOS and Windows
- Mac & Windows fleet management
- Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
- Microsoft Endpoint Security (Intune)
- Microsoft Defender (Anti-Virus)
You should be familiar with or expect to learn how to administer each of these tools, following industry best practice for security.
- Support Rest Less’ business tech stack, plus – email, hardware and asset management, identity management, mobile device management, domain and DNS management, cloud telephony, and desk-side support.
- Triage first to third line support queries
- Provide a user friendly and proactive level of support to the rest of the Rest Less Team
- Troubleshoot technical issues across macOS, ChromeOS & Windows 10 Operating Systems & cloud SaaS
- Provide regular information security and business technology training/updates to the rest of the business, especially for new starters
- Manage onboarding, offboarding and changes
- Create and maintain playbooks and runbooks
- Maintain Rest Less’ Cyber Essentials certification
- Upskill the Rest Less Team in areas of IT literacy that you discover need improvement
- Liaise with the Engineering and Product teams on business tech integrations and automation
- Have a passion for business technology
- Proven experience as IT Operations Lead or similar managerial role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty – you like to get involved with all aspects of IT and everything that comes with it. No job is too big or small for you.
Is this almost you?
Not sure if you have all the experience we’re looking for but are keen to grow and learn? We’d still love to hear from you